Data warehouse integrations are available as a premium add-on for our Web Experimentation and Feature Experimentation module. For more information, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
This integration is in open beta. This means that some functionalities, such as the ability to process BigQuery metrics with our statistical engine, may be added before it reaches general availability.
Once you’ve activated BigQuery for a specific project, you can leverage it to create goals in Kameleoon. These goals are designed to use conversions data directly from your BigQuery database. Here’s how to create a goal using BigQuery:
- Navigate to the Goals dashboard by clicking on Configure in the navigation menu, followed by clicking Goals.
- Inside the Goals dashboard, click on New Goal.
- In the pop-up window, you need to provide the following details:
- Name: Give your goal a descriptive name to identify its purpose.
- Type: For the Type field, select “Data Warehouse Tracking.”
- Data Warehouse: Choose “BigQuery” for the Data warehouse field.
- Project: Select the project from the available options. Only projects with BigQuery activated are listed.
- Click Next to proceed.
- In the next window, you’ll need to provide additional details to complete the goal configuration:
- Frequency: Define how often you want Kameleoon to update the goal data.
- BigQuery project ID: Enter your BigQuery project ID to direct the data to the correct location.
- Region: Select the appropriate region from the provided list.
- Query: Define the SQL query to retrieve the necessary data from BigQuery.
- Click Validate to save your goal configuration.
Using your BigQuery goal
With the goal created, you can now incorporate it into your Kameleoon campaigns. When setting up an experiment or personalization, you’ll have the option to select this goal in the configuration steps, allowing you to track and analyze specific conversions directly from your BigQuery database.
To learn how to set up a goal in an experiment, please refer to this article.