Data warehouse integrations are available as a premium add-on for our Web Experimentation and Feature Experimentation module. For more information, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
This integration is in beta. This means that some functionalities, such as the ability to process Snowflake metrics with our statistical engine, may be added before it reaches general availability.
Once you have enabled the Snowflake integration for your project, you can activate Use Snowflake as a source to access and use data stored in Snowflake within your Kameleoon campaigns.
Activating Use Snowflake as a source allows you to harness the power of Snowflake’s data by configuring Data Ingestion Tasks. These tasks regularly retrieve specific data from Snowflake, based on your defined SQL queries and frequencies. The data collected through these tasks can then be used as targeting conditions within your Kameleoon campaigns, enabling highly personalized and data-driven user experiences.
- Activate the Feature: In the selected project’s configuration, go in the section labeled Use Snowflake as a source to enable the feature.
- Create Data Ingestion Tasks: With the feature activated, you can now initiate the creation of Data Ingestion Tasks. These tasks regularly retrieve specific data from Snowflake, based on your defined SQL queries and frequencies. To create a new Data Ingestion Task, click on Add new task.
- Validate: After providing the required information for the Data Ingestion Task, click Confirm to create the task. You can create additional tasks by repeating the steps of naming the task, defining the SQL query, and setting the frequency. Once you’ve configured your tasks, click Validate to save and apply your configuration settings.
- Create a custom data: Now that you created your Data Ingestion Task, our servers will start collecting the data based on the frequency you configured by executing the query on your Snowflake instance. To start using the collected data, you will need to create a custom data.
- Create a segment: The last step in order to target users based on the collected data is to create a segment based on the custom data you created.
Data Ingestion Tasks
Data Ingestion Tasks are essential components of the Snowflake Integration within Kameleoon. These tasks allow you to regularly retrieve specific data from Snowflake, based on predefined SQL queries and frequencies. The data collected through Data Ingestion Tasks can then be utilized as targeting conditions within your Kameleoon campaigns, enabling highly personalized and data-driven user experiences.
Creating a Data Ingestion Task
- Click on Add new task.
- Complete the form:
- Name (Required): Give your task a unique and descriptive name to identify its purpose.
- Warehouse (Required): Specify the name of your data warehouse.
- Database (Required): Specify the name of your database.
- Schema (Required): Specifiy the name of the schema containing the table or view you wish to poll with this task.
- Frequency (Required): Specify how often the task should run by setting your desired time interval among our predefined values. This determines how many times the task will be executed.
- Query (Required): SQL query that retrieves the audience from you warehouse. The query must adhere to a specific format:
SELECT visitor_id, attribute_1, .. attribute_N FROM your_events_tablewhere “visitor_id” is the column representing the unique id of your visitors. The “attribute_” fields are optional and used for more advanced use cases that you can read about here.
- Once you’ve provided all the required information, click Confirm to create the Data Ingestion Task.
Updating a Data Ingestion Task
To update a Data Ingestion Task:
- Select the Task: Begin by selecting the specific Data Ingestion Task you want to edit from the dropdown menu.
- Edit Task Details: Modify the fields you want to update, such as the task’s name, frequency, Snowflake project ID, region, or query.
- Confirm Changes: After making the necessary updates, click “Confirm” to save the changes to the Data Ingestion Task.
Deleting a Data Ingestion Task
To delete a Data Ingestion Task:
- Select the Task: Choose the Data Ingestion Task you wish to delete from the dropdown menu.
- Initiate Deletion: Click on the delete icon located at the top right corner of the Edit form.
- Confirm Deletion: A confirmation prompt will appear. Click Confirm to delete the selected Data Ingestion Task.
Once you have created your Data Ingestion Task, the Kameleoon platform has started polling your warehouse, the data will be available right away for targeting your users in Kameleoon campaigns. You can use the polled data using our Activation API for web experiments, and using our SDKs for feature experimentation. Following are two standard use case examples that will show you how to do so.