Turn your feature flag ON or OFF

Written by Julie Trenque

Updated on 02/21/2023

1 min


Was this content useful?

You can turn your feature flags ON or OFF.

Choosing a default variation

At the end of your rollout rules queue is a drop-down list that defines which variation will be delivered to users by default that are not targeted by any rule while your flag is on. 

  • Example 1: If you want to roll out a new feature to only 10% of your audience, the remaining 90% of users will be delivered this default variation. 
  • Example 2: If you have 2 delivery rules running, with each targeting 40% of your total audience, the remaining 20% will receive this default variation. 

By default, it is set to the Off variation but can be changed. Changing the default variation does not take any effect while your flag is turned off[url], in which case all users will default to the Off variation anyway.

Manual Toggle

Once you’ve added your rollout rules, the manual toggle is the primary way to control the state of your flag (ON or OFF). Toggling your feature will show you the following confirmation alert in the top-right of the screen: 

When your feature flag toggle is turned ON, Kameleoon will evaluate all delivery and experiment rules you have defined in the rules queue shown above. However, while OFF, no delivery rules will be evaluated, despite their status.

  • In this article :