Web personalization consists in offering visitors a tailored experience in order to optimize your conversion rate.
In a physical store, a sales person will offer advice and personal attention to make the customer buy. Online, other factors such as the real-time understanding of visitor behavior and their business environment can help boost sales and transform the buyer journey into a simple, intuitive and positive experience.
Today, personalization is widely used among companies as technology has become affordable. Personalization continues to gain importance in a constantly changing market . Kameleoon enables marketing teams to take up this challenge and to easily manage and implement personalization campaigns.
Benefits of personalization
Create a unique experience for your visitors by taking into account their browsing history, behavior, circumstances and interests:
- Increase visitors loyalty, by offering a natural and personalized user experience
- Seize opportunities and speed up marketing decisions using real-time data
- Keep your website up-to-date and attractive, to make sure your visitors will come back
- Manage marketing pressure, and avoid deteriorating your visitors’ experience with non-relevant offers.
When starting your first personalization campaigns, keep in mind our recommendations:
- Be fast: an effective personalization strategy should show results in less than three months, enabling you to adjust your campaigns quickly according to these first results.
- Identify your KPIs: As you are able to collect an ever increasing amount of user data, the challenge is to identify the data that counts most for your buiness and helps optimize results.
- Prioritize: there is a wide array of personalization possibilities, you should start with the most promising ones in terms of potential gains, impact and ease of implementation.
- Make it last: the real benefits of personalization are measured in the long run.
- Vary the pleasures: personalization will be more effective if carried out in different ways, on different pages, etc.
- Think multi-device: in some cases, it can be useful to offer a personalized experience only for a certain device; in others it is better to offer different personalized experiences on each device.
- Anticipate possible conflicts between segments: some visitors may belong to several segments and be exposed to more than one personalization campaign.
- Capitalize on your customer data: existing data on your customers and/or visitors is a major capital asset and helps optimize conversions.
- Ensure overall consistency: to avoid confusing your visitors.
- manage internal organization and communication: to be able to launch a great number of personalizations simultaneously.
You can use personalization for the entire user journey on your website.
Here are some examples of personalization, easily implemented with Kameleoon.
- Display a promotional message on your homepage for new visitors or visitors coming back after a long time.
- Offer a discount coupon when a visitor added a product in his basket, to encourage him to go through with his purchase.
- Display a reassurance banner for visitors coming back several times on the same day without converting.
- Display an offer according to local weather conditions.
- Display an urgency message to visitors browsing your website for a long time without converting.
Ready to launch your first personalization? Find some tips to start with personalization in our Quick start guide.