Unlike with A/B testing, there is no “variations” for personalization, but “audience types”. We differentiate:
- targeted visitors, who correspond to criteria defined in the targeting;
- exposed visitors, who correspond to the criteria defined in the targeting and to the exposure parameters;
- non-targeted visitors, who do not correspond to the criteria.
Targeted visitors are not all exposed to personalization. There can be several reasons for this:
- They are part of the “control” group, to compare with behavior of exposed or non-exposed targeted visits;
- They are limited by capping which allows you to limit exposure to your personalization in order to manage marketing pressure on your visitors;
- They are limited by priorization. They are exposed to an other personalization.